"Everyday" by Buddy Holly


I found "Everyday" by Buddy Holly by watching the classic movie Stand By Me, directed by Rob Reiner (Check out my recap of Stand By Me here!). The whole soundtrack to that movie is absolutely incredible (I'm a real sucker for 60s music), but this song stood out to me the most! It is so upbeat and just makes me want to dance! I also love the lyrics: 

Everyday, it's a-gettin' closer  Goin' faster than a roller coasterLove like yours will surely come my way

Come on, the lyrics and the beat are just so fun and makes this song a great one to add to your summer playlist!

I don't know much about Buddy Holly, but I do think he is a household name. I feel like he's referenced a lot in movies (especially those set in the 50s or 60s) and he is just a classic singer who gives off the aura of the 50s. I don't think I know many of his other songs, but when I heard this song was by Buddy Holly I was like, "Oh yeah, I know him", even though I really don't know him.

So, check out "Everyday" by Buddy Holly and, maybe, it will become your new favorite song for the summer!




If you're looking for more music recommendations, check out my other posts here

Comments

  1. This is a feel good song. Buddy Holly was a great artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a feel good song. Buddy Holly was a great artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also heard about this song from Stand by Me! So catchy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for introducing me to this song! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment