My Summer Song Playlist



Happy summer everyone! It is now the unofficial time to chill outside, do some barbequing, and listen to some music! Summer is such a fun time, and I love the serene vibe to this season! Something that I just love about summer is driving with friends with the windows down and jamming out to some music! I also love this part about summer because I always find new music that I love!! Since we (me and you, the one reading this) can't very well drive around town together, I thought I would share my summer playlist on this post! Enjoy!

Check it out here >>> My Summer Song Playlist 

"Buddy Holly" by Weezer - 
I cannot stop listening to this song! The chorus is so upbeat and makes me want to dance! This song would be great at an evening get together, especially if there are older teens/adults at the party!

"It Would Be You" by Ben Rector -
Ben Rector is one of my favorite artists, and when he came out with this song in the midst of the Covid-19 stay at home orders, I was not disappointed! It is a great feel-good song and is one that will make you reminisce about when you were stuck at home all spring long, but now it's summer, and time to party (while still social-distancing)!

"Kokomo" by The Beach Boys - 
I could pretty much put any Beach Boys' song on this playlist because they all have the perfect summer vibe to them, but I chose this one because I recently heard it on the radio and couldn't get it out of my head (but I loved it!)! This song is so upbeat and makes me think of the beach!

"Into The Sun" by Sons of the East - 
This is a much slower song compared to the others on this playlist, but it will be a nice break at your summer party from all the dancing! I love this song because it makes me imagine after a nice day in the sun, laying out on a blanket and staring up at the stars.

"Might Be Right" by White Reaper - 
This song is one of my new favorites! I love it because it sounds like it's from the 80s, but it's from 2019! Don't get me wrong, modern songs are sometimes really good, but older songs have such a fun vibe to them that I love, and this song has that vibe! Any age will love this song! 

"Hearts Beat Loud" by Keegan DeWitt and Kiersey Clemons - 
The movie Hearts Beat Loud is fantastic (definitely recommend), and I love this song from the movie! This song is very mellow, but the beat and background instruments make this song so complete and wonderful!

"Talkin' Bout a Revolution" by Tracy Chapman - 
This song is also more chill, but so powerful! I recently heard this song for the first time, and I love it! Tracy Chapman's voice is very soothing and the lyrics are very inspiring! I think this song could be 2020's theme song, "Finally the tables are starting to turn", I mean, so relevant! 

"Come On Eileen" by Dexys Midnight Runners - 
This is such a classic! It is so fun when you're with a large group of people and "Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, ay" starts playing and everyone's singing loud, it makes my adrenaline ramp up, I just love it!! This is the perfect song to dance to out in the sun!

"Summer Of '69" by Bryan Adams - 
This is my favorite song of all time!! It stayed on my main playlist for so long, and I never got sick of it! It's so chill, but yet upbeat and it makes the summer of 1969 seem so nostalgic, even though I wasn't alive then. No summer playlist would be complete without this iconic song! 

"Put Your Records On" by Corinne Bailey Rae - 
This is very chill and has the beat of a great summer song. If you're out at a family bbq and this song comes on, everyone will be grooving! It's just a good grooving song! 



I hope you've enjoyed my Summer Song Playlist and the reasons why I chose these songs! And don't worry, I will probably be adding more songs to this playlist as summer goes on, so make sure to check back! 

If you have any summer songs you love, comment them down below, I would love to add them to the playlist! Have a great summer!! 

Comments

  1. I thought I wouldn't like the playlist but I actually do! You should add "Blinding Lights" by The Weeknd. I think its upbeat and old fashioned summery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check it out! Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  2. Great playlist. Some really
    older songs that were summer hits back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wake me up, before you go go....Wham!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard any of these songs before are they more laid back or upbeat?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment