The Perks of Being a Wallflower

                       The Perks of Being a Wallflower (film) - Wikipedia
Charlie (Logan Lerman), a sheepish teen, is starting high school... without any friends or confidence. One thing Charlie is good at, however, is English and his teacher, Mr. Anderson (Paul Rudd), becomes his first high school friend by giving him extra books to read and analyze. Charlie then discovers that he wants to be a writer. While watching a high school football game, he wanders into a kid from his shop class, Patrick (Ezra Miller). Patrick, and his step-sister Sam (Emma Watson), immediately take Charlie in as one of their own. Patrick, Sam, and a few of their other "wallflower" friends teach Charlie about friendship, love, and finding yourself. From eating out together at King's restaurant to performing The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Charlie really does find himself. But like every film about growing up, Charlie learns a little too much about his past, which might set him over the edge.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower, written by Stephen Chbosky, is one of my favorite books. I read it for the first time a couple of months ago, and I absolutely loved it! Charlie is one of my most favorite characters from any books; he's bashful, outgoing when with friends, and tender-hearted. Charlie is one of the most well done and relatable characters from any book. And the way Sam and Patrick take Charlie under their wings and act like he's been their friend forever is so lovely!

I just recently watched the film version of The Perks of Being a Wallflower and let me tell you, it was amazing! It's one of the best film adaptions of a book I have ever seen; Probably because Stephen Chbosky wrote the book and the screenplay AND directed the film! I mean, that's amazing! I wish every movie based on a book would let the author of the book write the screenplay! Chbosky truly did a magnificent job with both forms of this story, the important details and the homey feel to the story never miss a page. If you were scared to watch this movie because you love the book and didn't want to have it be ruined by a horrible film, don't worry! You will not be disappointed! 

              The Perks of Being a Wallflower: Toronto Review | Hollywood Reporter

The cast is also unbelievable! I was a little wary at first about Logan Lerman playing Charlie because he seemed a little too old, but he did a fantastic job at playing the nervous, awkward teen! And it was hard for me to picture nice, clean Emma Watson as a bit of a rebel teen, but she was magnificent! And Ezra Miller is the perfect Patrick, he was exactly how I viewed this wild teen in the book!

If you're interested in hearing a story about a young teen finding friends and learning about life, with an incredible twist (this story is not like your average coming of age tale!), then read the book or watch the movie of The Perks of Being a Wallflower

If you've heard this story and love it as much as I do, comment below! I'd love to hear what you thought of The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Comments

  1. I am glad I read the book first. The movie pretty much followed the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did a great job turning the book into a film!

      Delete
  2. Literally one of my favorite books/movies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment