Fourth of July Films



Happy (almost) Fourth of July everyone! Whether or not you celebrate the Fourth, I hope you are having a wonderful summer! I decided I would share some Patriotic films to commemorate this holiday, and if you don't celebrate the Fourth of July, maybe you can learn something new about the United States from these movies. Enjoy! 

                                                        Amazon.com: The Patriot [VHS]: Mel Gibson, Heath Ledger, Joely ...

The Patriot Directed by Richard Emmerich - This is an incredibly well-done movie that shows what it was like for a family during the American Revolutionary War. I did a full recap on this movie, check it out here, if you want to learn more about it! 

                                                  Amazon.com: Selma: Oyelowo, David, France, Jim, Ejogo, Carmen ...

Selma Directed by Ava DuVernay - This film is an incredible show of what happened before Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s legendary march from Selma to Montgomery to fight for Black Americans' civil rights. This movie is so good and shows the 60s in a new and in-depth way that I love. The song "Glory" by John Legend is in this film, and it's INCREDIBLE! I couldn't stop listening to this song after seeing this movie! Selma has a wonderful cast including David Oyelowo (MLK Jr.) and Oprah Winfrey (Annie Lee Cooper) and many other amazing actors that bring this incredible story to life.

                                                   The movie National Treasure teaches the importance of never giving ...

National Treasure directed by Jon Turteltaub - This is a series of films that are modern-day, but show a lot of U.S. History. There is a lot of action and mystery and humor that makes these films fun for any age! Nicholas Cage brings history to life in these amazing films.

I could probably recommend a thousand more wonderful films that show the ups and downs of United States History, but I suppose a quick Google search will have to suffice unless you want me to write a super long post. If you have any other Patriotic movies you love, please comment below, so that myself and others can have even more recommendations! Thanks for reading! 

Comments

  1. Great Selection of Patriotic movies. I have yet to see Selma. I will put this on my movie list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Independence Day! National Treasure has got to be one of my favs. Have you ever seen the second one? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment