"Parks and Recreation" and "30 Rock" Reunions!



I am a huge fan of NBC sitcoms, and, arguably, I think NBC has some of the best shows out there! Some of my current favorites being Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Superstore, and Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist. But, I LOVE watching older NBC shows as well, such as Parks and Recreation and 30 Rock! And, recently, NBC came out with two reunion episodes, one for Parks and Rec and the other for 30 Rock! I was so excited when I heard they were doing these reunions, I mean who doesn't want more Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler) and Liz Lemon (Tina Fey)?! 

             Parks And Recreation' Special Tops Thursday Ratings, Raises $2.8M ...

"A Parks and Recreation Special" came out April 30, 2020, amidst the U.S. stay at home orders. I loved tuning in to watch this episode! It was so refreshing to see a cast that I love come together to make people laugh one last time. This episode shows the iconic characters of Parks and Rec. reaching out to one another through their "phone tree", which ultimately brings all the characters into the story. From goofy jokes about Jerry (Jim O'Heir) to hearing about Leslie's ambitious government plans to seeing how the rest of the characters are spending their quarantine, this episode will leave any Parks and Recreation fan feeling complete. 

             Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin and 30 Rock Cast Reunite for Zoom Special ...

"30 Rock: A One-Time Special" aired July 16, 2020, and was one of the best reunion episodes I have ever seen! Unlike the Parks and Recreation reunion, 30 Rock had a whole storyline for this special episode. Kenneth (Jack McBrayer), reaches out to Liz Lemon about getting the cast and writers together for a reboot of "TGS". Throughout this hour-long episode, you will learn what the characters of 30 Rock are up to and where they want their futures to go. This special was just as humorous as all the other 30 Rock episodes and brought back some amazing series-wide jokes. If you're a fan of 30 Rock, you have got to check this episode out! 

Both of these specials included all of the main casts from their show, as well as a few reoccurring characters. I was worried that these episodes wouldn't follow the wonderful writing and acting that these shows are known for, but that was not the case! This shows both have incredibly talented writers and actors that know what they are doing! 

If you have seen these specials, or love the original episodes, please comment below why you love them and maybe add who your favorite character from each is! My favorite character from Parks and Recreation (this is kind of hard because I truly love them all!) would have to be Tom Haverford (Aziz Ansari)! I love his spunky, hilarious, versatile, attitude! From 30 Rock, my favorite character is Kenneth Parcell! He is such a goofy guy and has some of the best one-liners! 

Comments

  1. My favorite Parks and Rec character is April and my favorite 30 Rock character is also Kenneth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love LOVE Parks & Rec! :) Such an amazing show! It's hard to pick just one favorite character, but I'd have to go with Andy. I love Chris Pratt and I think his character is absolutely hilarious! (Ron and Leslie are tied for second!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment