Yes, Please by Amy Poehler

                    Yes Please: Poehler, Amy: 9780062268358: Amazon.com: Books

Yes, Please by Amy Poehler was one of my favorite books that I read in April. If you read my April recommendations you already got a little sneak peek into what I think about Yes, Please, but of course, I have some more to say about this book and the queen who wrote it!

I fell in love with Amy Poehler from watching Parks and Recreation. Now, I probably have enough amazing things to say about Parks and Recreation for another post, but let me just say that it is one of the funniest and most creative shows created on this earth! From hilarious one-liners to witty thirty-minute episodes, anyone will find this show incredibly amusing. That being said, it is no wonder that Amy Poehler has become one of my comedy idols; that is if I were to pursue comedy, but then I would be "competing" against Poehler which I most certainly can not do. Anyways, back to the book...

Autobiographies are not my top choice of book genre to read, however, after hearing about Amy Poehler's book I immediately thought, "Yes, Please, I would like to read that book!" So, I ordered it, read it, loved it, and created a blog so I could write about it. I'm telling you, this is not your average, lazy autobiography! This book will take you inside and out through Poehler's incredibly admiring comedy journey. She tells stories about growing up that anyone who has done so (which I hope is all of us, otherwise, I very much need to meet you) can relate to. She shows the anxious sides of show-biz that makes everyone's life feel like an awards show. She tells stories about silly things she and her friends do that makes everyone's friendships seem like they were created on a sitcom set. She makes everyone, no matter who they are, feel like they can accomplish anything! Wow, what a woman! 

                        Parks and Recreation | Burbank, CA | Edgar Zuniga Jr. | Flickr

There are definitely passages in the book to fill our Parks and Recreation void (Oh, kind of off-topic, but did any of you see the special quarantine episode of Parks and Recreation? Yeah, I know, SO GOOD!). And there also are passages that every fan of Saturday Night Live will obsess over (including a special chapter by a special SNL friend)! There are also stories I wasn't expecting to read about, but I'm so glad I did! So, yeah there are many surprises and anecdotes in this book that will feed your inner Amy Poehler fan. 

If none of these riveting details about Yes, Please have spoken to you and you still aren't sure if you want to read this book, let me leave you with my last convincing point. Amy Poehler does not have social media (yeah, I know, CRAZY); therefore, the only way to hear funny stories about Amy Poehler's life is through this book (not really the ONLY way, but still read the book)! Unlike all those other famous actors who post funny videos of their kids or pictures of themselves with other celebs, Amy Poehler decided to go old-school and you have to read about her stories through, and hear me out, a book. Respect!

Comments

  1. I love Parks and Rec! I'll have to check out the book, thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your poster re-creation. Amy Poehler is so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started watching Parks and Rec. again because this post reminded me about it. Leslie Know never fails to make me laugh! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment