Inglorious Basterds

                 Inglourious Basterds - Wikipedia

Inglorious Basterds, written and directed by Quentin Tarantino, follows an allied military group, the "Inglorious Basterds", as they take down the Nazi Regime. Led by the vigorous Lt. Aldo Raine (Brad Pitt), this brawny group of Jewish men take on gruesome tasks, that include scalping almost every man they kill, in order to take down the Third Reich. With help from an undercover agent (Diane Kruger) and some unseen aid from the theater owner Shosanna Dreyfus (Mélanie Laurent), this mighty group of allies will work to do the impossible. Gruesome burdens, gun brawls, and entertaining encounters make this Inglorious Basterds a riveting historical-fiction film.

I absolutely loved this film! If you haven't been able to tell (aka if the many other blog posts I have done about historical-fiction media haven't given it away) historical-fiction is my favorite genre! I love getting a peek into what life was like back when I wasn't alive, especially if a big event such as World War II is going on. If I somehow became an actress, I would want to be in a historical film so bad!!! Anyways, enough about me... Inglorious Basterds does such a great job depicting World War II in a new way that will keep you interested the whole time! The film takes you to several different experiences of the citizens of Paris during the 1940s as well as Nazi soldiers biding time in occupied France. You will get so many new views of WWII from this film, and if you love historical-fiction I totally recommend it!!

Of course, I couldn't possibly review a Quentin Tarantino film without paying homage to Tarantino's incredible film making skills! Inglorious Basterds does not disappoint when it comes to a Quentin Tarantino film, from lively monologues to passionate sequences, this film is incredibly well done! If you want to know even more about how much I admire Quentin Tarantino films, check out my recap on his film, Pulp Fiction.

             Inglourious Basterds Review | Movie - Empire

And, of course, the cast in this film is incredible! Brad Pitt is such a wonderful, ragtag gang leader. Christoph Waltz is such a funny antagonist and gives his character such witty moments. Diane Kruger adds such depth to her character and makes Bridget von Hammersmark, an actress and undercover agent, a strong, relatable woman. Finally, Mélanie Laurent rounds out this cast and is such a powerful character. 




**SPOILER ALERT DO NOT READ THE NEXT PARAGRAPH IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN INGLORIOUS BASTERDS**






Bownjourno readers (Haha, I loved that part)! Alrighty, let's talk about the ending... It's soooo good!! I love how they changed history and didn't even care about it! That's something Quentin Tarantino loves to do, and I love it when he does that! We've heard the same type of historical-fiction story all the time, so when he changes history like that, it just makes his films 185% better than the rest!! 




**SPOILER OVER**





If you've seen Inglorious Basterds and loved it as much as I did, comment below! And if you have any other Quentin Tarantino films or historical films you love, I'd appreciate some more recommendations! Thanks for reading! 


Comments

  1. Love this film too. Loved reading your review! Bownjourno is hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! Haha, I love "bownjourno"!!

      Delete
  2. (thick southern accent) Bownjourno

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment