My Spy

 


My Spy directed by Peter Segal is a heartwarming film suitable for the whole family. Macho man JJ (Dave Bautista) and overexcited Bobbi (Kristen Schaal), are CIA agents and get put on duty to watch over a family that may be in danger. Sophie (Chloe Coleman), a nine-year-old, catches the spies in action and immediately takes control. Sophie gets JJ to teach her all about being a spy all the while trying to set her mom up with the CIA agent. This film is incredibly amusing at parts and even has a really well-planned ending. 

This movie definitely gave me Game Plan (Dwayne Johnson and Madison Pettis) vibes; there's a strong guy who's not cut out to be a dad, but is forced into the role and *spoiler alert* ends up loving it. I love Game Plan and I definitely love My Spy as well! I will say, however, My Spy seems a bit more grown-up than your average family spy movie, so keep that in mind.

Obviously, I am a huge fan of Dave Bautista and his role in Guardians of the Galaxy, and I loved seeing him in this new role, although he was still incredibly funny! I am so impressed with Chloe Coleman, she was incredible in this film and she's only like ten! She definitely held her own and was so confident, I absolutely loved her and she will definitely go on to be a big star someday! Every role that Kristen Schaal takes on is very amusing (my favorites being 30 Rock and Toy Story 3), and her role as "Bobbi" in this film does not disappoint. Schaal has impeccable comedic timing and really rounds out this film with her character's development. 

Aside from the cast doing an amazing job, the story is also very well done. It is a bit generic and seems like there are lots of other movies out there like this one, but there is something new and refreshing about this film. My Spy has great comedic parts and also has lovely heartwarming scenes that lots of films have, but My Spy just does a great job of making it feel new and the comedy is not too cheesy at all! There are also nice surprises here and there that definitely make this film feel new!

Overall, I really enjoyed My Spy and it is definitely a nice and easy film to watch. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a really good laugh (I'm not joking this film has really great comedic moments)! 

If you have seen My Spy, I would love to know what you thought in the comments below, and if there are any other family-friendly films you have enjoyed recently, I would love to hear about them! Thanks for reading! 





Need something new to read? Check out my Fictional and Historical book recommendations here

Comments

  1. What a funny movie! You should review Game Plan next

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen that one yet, but I really want to!

      Delete
  2. This movie is cute. Similar to Game Plan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Sorry, dont mean to spam, but didn't find other way to contact you.
    ClipCafe has tons of short video clips - famous quotes from the movies - which you can use in the content of your website (embed).
    For example, action movie quotes can be found here: https://clip.cafe/t/action

    The database currently has more than 3000 top-rated movies, and newly released ones are added every day. If there is a movie that you are interested in, let me know and I'll upload it within 24h

    Cheers!
    Emily Mets

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment