Fictional and Historical Book Recommendations



Hello everyone! I love reading books, but sometimes it can be so hard to find good recommendations. So, I thought I would recommend some of my favorite books to make finding a new book to read easier for you! If you are looking from some great recommendations to finish off your summer, or need some recommendations for the new school year, I have some awesome books that you may like!



Fiction:


The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky:
    This Book is one of my favorites! This book is great for anyone who's on a deadline and needs a shorter novel to indulge in, but also needs one that has depth and a great story. I did a full recap on this post earlier in the year that you can check out here!
    Told from the perspective of a freshman in high school, this book will take you through the wild things Charlie finds himself getting into as he enters this new chapter of his life. With hilarious events and melodramatic affairs, this book is sure to spark a bit of nostalgia from your high school years. 
    



How to Stop Time by Matt Haig:
    If you need more of a fantasy/science fiction novel, this is for you! This book is one of my all-time favorites and I'm positive that you won't be able to put it down once you've started reading it! 
    In "How to Stop Time", Tom Hazard, born in 1566, has lived far longer than you or me every will. You see, Tom has a special condition that causes him to age at a significantly slower pace than you or me. In present-day London, Tom starts to reminisce about his past and reveals truths about himself that he has covered up in the past. 
    



History and Social Studies:



Innovation on Tap: Stories of Entrepreneurship from the Cotton Gin to Broadway's Hamilton by Eric B. Schultz:
    This book is a great one for anyone who wants to learn a bit more about American entrepreneurs. If you are looking for a book to do some research for a school project, or if this subject intrigues you, I definitely would recommend this book. If you want a more in-depth recap on this book, I wrote a whole post about it you can check out here. Filled with stories of several innovators, this book will give you an insight into what it was like to be an entrepreneur from the 1700s to the modern-day. 



Come On In: 15 Stories about Immigration and Finding Home by Adi Alsaid:
    This book is another great one for school. Written by fifteen authors who have experienced or heard stories about immigration, this book gives a great insight into what immigration is like for all different types of people. Because there are fifteen different short stories, I guarantee you that you will find at least one that speaks to you. From stories about immigrants living in America to those starting their journey to the United States, this book will give you something to think about.



In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson:
    If you want to learn more about Hitler's regime and are looking for a different perspective on the issue, this book is for you!
    In the Garden of Beasts is about the American Ambassador to Germany's experience living in Hitler's regime. Erik Larson is an incredible author and his books are very informative but don't bog you down with details; his books almost feel like novels.  Written with the use of personal letters, this book will take you right into the 1930s and teach you so much about the rise of the Nazis.





I really hope that you have enjoyed these recommendations, and I hope that as we start the new school year, you do some more reading and find books that you love! I only included fiction and history/social studies in this post because they are my favorite, but if you want me to do another genre, or more fiction/historical books, just let me know in the comments, I would be happy to do so! Happy reading!



Comments

  1. I love your recommendations! I would love to hear some recommendations for mystery books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recommendations! I have to read fiction novels for one of my classes this year, and I'm looking on your blog for ideas! I would love to know some fantasy recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You read alot of Great Books. I would like to see murder mystery or crime story stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have a few really good ones I will recommend next time!

      Delete

Post a Comment