Rachel's Recommendations - May


I cannot believe that May is over! It went so fast, but at least it's starting to feel like summer now! This month, I've read a lot, watched a lot of older movies, and there has been a lot of new music released which is awesome! I hope you have done a lot of the same in May, and if you need some recommendations for June, here are my May recommendations:

                              Percy Jackson Series – How Many Words Did You Read? | Word Count Tool

For my book recommendation this month, I am doing the entire series of Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan. These are pretty much the only books I read in May, but I would have chosen them for this post even if they weren't! The adventure and friendship that these books are filled with make this series a great one for any age. These books are also quick reads if you're looking for a series you can finish in about a month. I wrote a whole post about Percy Jackson and the Olympians that you can check out here if you need more convincing to check this wonderful series out!

                                                 Amazon.com: Stand By Me (Deluxe Edition): Wil Wheaton, River ...

My movie recommendation is Stand By Me directed by Rob Reiner. This movie is so good! The friendship between four boys as they go on an adventure feels so raw and real, who wouldn't love this film and the nostalgia it brings with it! It was released in the 80s, so it's an older film (if that has any meaning to you), but it's one of the best older films I've seen in a while. it's also a shorter film for being from the 80s, so if you're looking for a quick movie to watch, watch this one! I will be recommending this movie to everyone who asks for movie recs now because I loved it so much! Next week, I will be posting a more in-depth recap of this film (Check it out here!). Check out Stand By Me, and let me know what you think!

                                             Jonas Brothers - Five More Minutes (Official Audio) - YouTube

And finally, for the song recommendation: "Five More Minutes" by the Jonas Brothers. This is a new song by the Jonas Brothers that was released at the end of last week, and it has quickly become one of my favorites! I heard a snippet of this song on the Jonas Brothers' new documentary Happiness Continues on Amazon and I quickly googled the song trying to find what it was. Finally, they released it and I am so glad! The smooth parts to this song are so sweet, then when they start singing together it just pumps the song up! And not to mention the lyrics which are just incredible! Maybe it's just me, but this song gives my "Lovebug" (an older Jonas Brothers' song) vibes, which is one of my favorite songs! Please, check out this song you will not be disappointed!

I hope you enjoyed my May recommendations, and, hopefully, you've found some new media to check out! As always, if you have any recommendations for me, comment them below or on the page to the right of this post. Who knows, maybe during June I'll do a recap on your recommendation!

Comments

Post a Comment