Rachel's Recommendations - June



I hope you all had a wonderful June! This month went by so fast, I can't believe it's already time for my June recommendations! This month's recommendations are very light-hearted and have a great summery feel to them! Enjoy!



My book recommendation this month is going to be a little different than normal... I am challenging you to find a book that you read when you were younger or one that reminds you of summer, and re-read it! There are a few books that I just love to re-read, especially if they remind me of summer! One of my favorite books from when I was a kid is Campfire Mallory by Laurie B. Friedman. I used to love reading this book every year when my family took our annual camping trips! Another book I love to re-read is I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak. This is probably my all-time favorite book, and I always recommend it to people when they need a new book to read, but unfortunately, I have yet to meet someone who has read this book (besides my mom and sister who love it too), so please read this book for me! As for the books I'll be re-reading this summer... I am so craving to read the Harry Potter series again!

                                                  The Perks of Being a Wallflower (film) - Wikipedia

My movie recommendation for June is The Perks of Being a Wallflower directed by Stephen Chbosky. This movie (and book) has such a good feeling to it, that I honestly can't explain, but it makes me think of hanging out with friends during the summer and feeling "infinite". I have already written a more in-depth recap of this work of art (check it out here), and I really hope you will check it out because this story is one of my favorites!!



As for my song recommendation, I am recommending the summer playlist I made (Check it out here)! Nothing screams summer more than jamming out to some hip tunes and taking in the warm weather! On this playlist are some of my favorite songs that make me want to dance, or make me feel nice and relaxed! On the original post for My Summer Song Playlist, I asked for any recommendations for songs to be added, so those are now on there as well and I added a couple more of my favorites!

Thank you for taking some time out of your busy summer to read this post, and I hope you have found some new media to enjoy! If you have any recommendations for me, or songs I should add to the summer playlist, please comment them below! Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. You should read They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera. I feel like that book has a good vibe to it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of my favorite books!! I really want to reread that book now!

      Delete
  2. Like all the June recommendations. Way to end the month! I think the Mallory books are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment