July Recommendations



Is it just me or did July feel really long? I mean I'm TOTALLY fine with that, but it just seemed like forever since I did a monthly recommendation! Well, here we are, so buckle up for some fun recommendations! 

                                                 Becoming - By Michelle Obama (Hardcover) : Target

My book recommendation from July is former First Lady, Michelle Obama's fantastic book Becoming. This book is so incredible, and a great insight into Michelle Obama's life before, during, and after being the First Lady. The insight that she gives throughout the book is some of the best I've seen in any autobiography. She shares so much about her childhood and how that shaped her, as well as fascinating facts about living in the White House that kept me fully engrossed in this book. I loved this book so much that I will be doing an entire recap on the whole book in a couple weeks, so get ahead of the game and read this book now! If you are needing an autobiography book this year for school, or for personal readings, I totally recommend Becoming by Michelle Obama, it will give you a better appreciation for First Lady's and all they go through, as well as all the hardships and happy times Michelle Obama has gone through.

                                                               Palm Springs (2020 film) - Wikipedia

My movie recommendation from this month is Palm Springs, directed by Max Barbakow and starring Andy Samberg and Cristin Milioti. This film came out on July 10, 2020, and I was originally drawn to it because Andy Samberg is one of my favorite actors, but the story is what made me really want to watch it. Two wedding guests (Andy Samberg and Cristin Milioti) get stuck in a loop in which they have to keep repeating the same day over and over and over again. This rom-com is very funny, cute, and odd, and has wonderful scenes that make this film a work of art. I will be doing a full recap on this film as well because I totally think this film deserves it! If you love rom-coms and sciency-fiction films, you have got to check out Palm Springs



My song request from July is "Good Day for Marrying You" by Dave Barnes. I found this song at the beginning of July when my family was going on a road trip, and I instantly loved it! The beat is so basic yet tells it's own story and the lyrics are so lovely, it's hard to not love this song! One of my favorite parts of this song is the sort of call and response that goes on during the verses that culminate at the end into a smooth line right before the chorus. It's so good! Check out "Good Day For Marrying You" here to see what I'm talking about!

I hope you have enjoyed these recommendations and that you will check some of them out this August! Like always, if you have any suggestions of media for me to check out, please, leave them below! And if you enjoyed any of these recommendations, I hope you will express that in the comments as well! Thanks for reading!


Want more recommendations? Check out my other monthly recommendations:
April
May
June

Comments

  1. I just saw Palm Springs and I loved it! You should watch the Kissing Booth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love The Kissing Booth! But I still need to watch the second one!

      Delete

Post a Comment