August Recommendations





Wow, August just flew right by! I hope you all had a great time soaking up those last little bits of summer, and now I hope you're ready for some awesome recommendations! 




My book recommendation from this month is Innovations On Tap by Eric B. Schultz. This book is filled with historical knowledge of innovators and entrepreneurs from all different time periods in the United States. Most of you probably do not find this book very appealing, but I am telling you, you will get so much helpful information from this book, it is a very helpful read! Especially with school starting back up, if you want to broaden your historical knowledge and get your mind back in the learning mode, this is the book to read! I did a full review of Innovations On Tap last week that you can check out here if you want to learn more about it!


                     Amazon.com: Ace Ventura: Pet Detective Poster 27x40 Jim Carrey Dan ...

For my movie recommendation, I am recommending Ace Ventura: Pet Detective directed by Tom Shadyac. I know you are probably like, "What, that movie came out so long ago and is so weird why are you recommending it??" Well, I recently watched it for the first time and thought the story was great and had some great one-liners. Ace Venture  (Jim Carrey) is sent on a special mission to find the Miami Dolphin's abducted mascot, Snowflake. Through twists and turns and comical moments, this film will make you smile and laugh. I am a huge Jim Carrey fan (Check out my recap on Mr. Popper's Penguins here) and this film was one of Carrey's first lead roles! If you want a good laugh and want to see Jim Carrey doing what he does best, making weird faces and making people laugh, you will want to check out Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.


                                   Top 10 fan theories about Taylor Swift's new album 'Folklore ...

Finally, for my song recommendation, I recommend Taylor Swift's new album "Folklore". Now, I am sure you have already heard all about this album, I mean the world is going crazy for it, but I thought I would share a few of my favorite songs from the album! Now, I have only gotten a chance to listen to the whole album once, but some of the songs that stood out to me are "mirrorball", "betty", and "august". I love the smoothness of these songs and the lyrics are like their own little poems. I could quote so many of the lyrics right now, but I'll let you go check them out for yourself! Taylor Swift is so versatile which I love because it makes every song she comes out with seem new and not like others on the radio! 


I hope you enjoyed my recommendations from August, and if you have any more recommendations for me, please, comment below! 



Want more book/movie/song suggestions? Check out my other monthly recommendations:
April
May 
June
July

Comments

  1. Wow great recommendations as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these recommendations, Rachel! I would recommend the movie, 'The Help'. I watched that not too long ago and it was GREAT! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment